- Kopel DB (1995) The ideology of gun ownership and gun control in the United States. Quarterly Journal of Ideology.
- Koper, Christopher S, Webster W (2013) America’s Experience with the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, 1994-2004: Key Findings and Implications. Reducing Gun Violence in America: Informing Policy with Evidence and Analysis pp: 157-171.
- Aborn R, Koury MA (2012) Stalled Farewell to Arms-Reinvigorating the Gun Control Movement. NYSBA Government, Law and Policy Journal.
- Kwon IWG, Baack DW (1997) The effectiveness of legislation controlling gun usage. American Journal of Economics and Sociology 64: 533-547.
- Singh R (1998) Gun control in America. Political Quarterly 69: 288-296.
- Vizzard WJ (2015) The Current and Future State of Gun Policy in the United States. Journal Of Criminal Law and Criminology 104: 879-904.
- Haider-Markel DP, Joslyn MR (2001) Gun policy, opinion, tragedy, and blame attribution: the conditional influence of issue frames. The Journal of Politics 63: 520-543.
- Pederson J, Hall TL, Foster B, Coates JE (2015) Gun Ownership and Attitudes toward Gun Control in Older Adults: Re-examining Self Interest Theory. American Journal of Social Science Research 1: 273-281.
- Gray V, Lowery D, Fellowes M, McAtee A (2004) Public opinion, public policy, and organized interests in the American states. Political Research Quarterly 57: 411-420
- La Valle JM (2013) Gun Control vs. Self-Protection: A Case against the Ideological Divide. Justice Policy Journal 10: 1-26.
- O’Brien KW, Lynott D, Daly M (2013) Racism, Gun Ownership and Gun Control: Biased Attitudes in US Whites May Influence Policy Decisions. Plos ONE 8: 1-10.
- Kleck G, Gertz M (1997) The Illegitimacy of one sided speculation: Getting the defensive gun use estimate down. Journal Of Criminal Law and Criminology 87: 14-46.
- Kleck G (2009) Mass Shootings in Schools: The Worst Possible Case for Gun Control. American Behavioral Scientist 52: 1447-1464.
- Kleck G (2012) Gun Control after Heller and McDonald: What cannot be done and what ought to be done. Fordham Urban Law Journal 39: 1383-1420.
- Kopel DB (2012) The Great Gun Control War of the 20th Century and its lessons for gun laws today. Fordham Urban Law Journal 39: 1527-1616.